November 7, 2016
Welcome to your super loaded Fresno talk for November! And this month, there are guests!
Bryan & Roque from Swedefest, Fresno Filmworks and CMAC join Flowing, to Fresno with us. We get to some things like:
- Swedefest (go make your Swede right now!).
- Fulton Street Mall. What is it looking like, what would you like to see on the new Fulton Street.
- Dave & Busters and new retail in Fresno.
- Favorite Central Coast spots.
- MUSIC BREAKS: Werebear! (new album out in December)
- The future Mayor of Fresno.
- Stories of Mayor Swear and how she did.
- Local Twiter wars.
- An Indiana Jones secret mancave in Fresno.
And tons more Fresno-ing!
July 5, 2016
This month, we can't stop talking about Fresno Summers as we get into Fresno being on another National list (but in a good way this time), a couple of our favorite Fresno City Council members (favorite to talk about, at least) get into some social media trouble, a speech about Bullard and its woes makes the paper, Fresno is getting some interesting craft beer spots, and more Fresnoness!
January 18, 2016
Oh man. The Fulton Mall Street drama keeps giving us an excuse to talk about Downtown Fresno and the Fulton Mall - may be one of the last times we talk about the Fulton Mall and not Fulton Street.
We also break down the whole business with Yosemite being sorta forced to change the name of The Ahwahnee Hotel. We play Band of the Episode: The Wee Beasties
and talk about illegal gambling inside a local 97 cent store.
AND how Flowing With Famous is linked to a local porn store.
(also a player at the bottom of the post)
September 29, 2015
On this, our special International Podcast Day episode, we get Fresno with stuff like:
- What if there was a Fresno Hater podcast?
- Why was there no FUSE Fest this year, guys?
- Is the Fresno Fair the best fair in California?
- BAND OF THE EPISODE: Grizzly City Boys.
- Granite Park is on a comeback.
- A review of the new spot Rocket Dog.
- The Fulton Mall is still there, Fresno.
- Fresno State Football in a bit of trouble this season.
- The Spanspek Festival has a nice lineup.
August 16, 2015
Welcome back to our Fresno talk hangout, also known as Flowing With Famous.
This episode we sorta recap this year's Taco Truck Throwdown and talk about the national attention it brought to Fresno this year. How can this event be topped?
We get into all the music coming to Fresno as we check in on how the local venues are doing.
BAND OF THE EPISODE: The Red Coats. Make sure to check out their Indie Go Go campaign.
And for the first time on Famous, the story of Rowdy Roddy Piper's wild Fresno party night.
Click to listen!: RowdyTacoTruckThrowdownFWF.mp3
KEY FAMOUS LINKS:
July 13, 2015
We think about Fresno stuff all the time. Here is where we record our thoughts. It's a new Flowing With Famous. We have totally been thinking about stuff like this:
- The Fresno Police have a new toy to work with and it calls the shots.
- All the new retail and beer stuff in Fresno.
- Music happenings.
- What's got blowed up in Fresno on the 4th of July.
- Fresno is pretty sorta decent at being friendly to beards.
-Music break by It'll Grow Back.
-Hosted by Joshua Tehee and Mikey Seay.
-Podcast feed: https://flowingwithfamous.podbean.com/feed/
-Flowing on Twitter, Stitcher and iTunes.
June 23, 2015
Get in on some of the Fresno we talk about this episode!:
- The Smart & Final on Blackstone continues with some councilman vs. blogger drama.
- BRANDAU WATCH!: Is "River West" a cool name?
- Why in the hell is Granville trying to be water scientists?
- Band Of The Episode: Sahab.
- We got all the poets, yo!
- What is probably the best minor league baseball rivalry ever, gets very real for Fresno.
- Downtown Fresno: What do you want to see happen there?
Use the player at the bottom of the post or click here to listen.
May 31, 2015
The City Of Fresno rejected a bus banner ad last week and it sent us all to Twitter and Facebook to bitch...so you know we're going to talk about that on Flowing. We also cover a lot of retail closings and openings in Fresno (Asada burittos in Fashion Fair? Yes. That works). One of us also took a trip to Yosemite and will be taking YARTS next time, me thinks. All that and more Fresno talk plus Band Of The Episode: Whitey Morgan.
January 26, 2015
The Silver Dollar has closed and KuppaJoe's is about to. We remember (or don't remember, as the case may be) those places with some creeper stories and wonder what will happen next. We play some music from the new Ray Appleton's band and The Sleepover Disaster. Also, is it OK that Walmart has opened at Blackstone & Ashlan? What cool stuff will open in Fresno? All this and more Fresness!
Click the player at the bottom to listen or click here:
HOSTS: Joshua Tehee and Mikey Seay
LINKS: Flowing With Famous is on iTunes and Stitcher - just search 'em up and subscribe. A nice iTunes review would be killer. We're also on Twitter!