September 3, 2018
It's never too early to get ready for the big BIG big Fresno Fair, right? We do some music prep.
We also talk about how the Fresno region now has its own pro surf competition, how the hell did that happen!?
Some other Fresno-ing topics include the return of Sudz In The City, has Art Hop become too "event heavy", should Fresno PD be doing singing videos and much more Fresno junk!
Band Of The Episode: Boozer.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD & LISTEN: FlowingSep18.mp3
25.8 MB | 56:29 | Some bad language
March 5, 2018
Hey there, Fresno culture lover! Here are some things to listen for in this month's show.
We breakdown the article about how "backwater" Fresno might be becoming the next Austin.
Also, we try to decide if a brewery at Herndon & 99 is a good thing, figure out if we should be seeing more action on Fulton Street, wonder if we have enough money to buy a Downtown theater, discuss what beer Tioga Sequoia should be released for Fresyes Fest, and much more Fresno talk!
1:08:07 | 31.1MB | Some Language
BAND OF THE EPISODE: Sharks Of Dance.
June 5, 2017
It's Fresno. It's June. Let's get to talking.
Josh explains why the Fresno Bee laid-off some important people last month and how he and the Fresno Bee competes in today's click-bait world. Also look out for a good Fresno music discussion, what is this viral thing that goes along with Crackle Barrel and if it's a good thing that it is coming to Fresno. The Highway 99 corridor and how people from Los Angeles perceive Fresno. Is it bad that Amazon and Ulta are coming to Fresno? Plus, much more Fresno talking and plugging.
Band Of The Episode: Sparklejet.
CLICK TO STREAM OR DOWNLOAD!: FlowingWithJune2017.mp3
27.5MB | 1:00:05 | Occasional bad language
Make sure to check out what Josh is doing and what Mike is doing.
Thanks for listening!!
March 6, 2017
Welcome to this month's Flowing, Fresno's podcast about ... Fresno!
We get into some Fresno stuff, as always. Stuff like:
- It seems some Fresno people think Trump travels up and down the 99.
- The Rogue Festival is happening.
- A surprising vote for more trails in Fresno.
- Fresno needs to keep up the good work on being urban.
- The Light Thieves have a new album coming out.
- Steak and Shake is now a Fresno thing.
- We have to get better about staying in our seats at concerts.
All that Fresno-ing and more!
January 2, 2017
The cool stuff to talk about in Fresno from 2016, that's what this episode is about! We call it the... Flowing With Famous ... top thingy Fresno awards, or something!
It's all the cool and nerdy Fresno stuff from 2016: Twitter wars, Fulton Street Malls, music, food, media folk, and things, THINGS!
Bands Of The Year may or may not be: Light Thieves, Beastmaker, Sagey.
CLICK TO LISTEN: FlowingInto2017.mp3
30.1MB || 1:05:30 || Fowl Language!
Subscribe in iTunes. Check out Josh at the Fresno Bee and Mike at The Fresnan.
June 6, 2016
This month of the show, we welcome the Fresno heat and discuss many Fresno things:
- How about that Fulton Mall? You know we can't have an episode without a Fulton Street Mall talk. Right now everything is jacked up on Fulton and businesses are struggling, can they hold out until next year? Will the change in business on Fulton be dramatic, once it's completed.
- Fresno also became President hopeful central for a couple weeks there and we break down Bill's, Hilary's, Bernie's and Donald Trump's visits to town.
- The race to be Fresno's next Mayor is getting focused and we try to figure out if these guys will be good for Fresno.
- An old Fresno business changing over to sex shop and the city is trying to stop it.
- Full Circle continues with new owners.
- Darius Assemi and Granville seem to have issues with Ashley Swearengin and thinks Fresno should be Clovis.
Also, we have a nice music break from Amoret
January 18, 2016
Oh man. The Fulton Mall Street drama keeps giving us an excuse to talk about Downtown Fresno and the Fulton Mall - may be one of the last times we talk about the Fulton Mall and not Fulton Street.
We also break down the whole business with Yosemite being sorta forced to change the name of The Ahwahnee Hotel. We play Band of the Episode: The Wee Beasties
and talk about illegal gambling inside a local 97 cent store.
AND how Flowing With Famous is linked to a local porn store.
(also a player at the bottom of the post)
December 29, 2015
We say goodbye to 2015 as we choose some of our favorite stories from life in Fresno this past year.
Best restaurant, news story, creative person...beer, ALL the things we think were interesting.
Also, we take a look at what we expect to see in Fresno for 2016!
September 29, 2015
On this, our special International Podcast Day episode, we get Fresno with stuff like:
- What if there was a Fresno Hater podcast?
- Why was there no FUSE Fest this year, guys?
- Is the Fresno Fair the best fair in California?
- BAND OF THE EPISODE: Grizzly City Boys.
- Granite Park is on a comeback.
- A review of the new spot Rocket Dog.
- The Fulton Mall is still there, Fresno.
- Fresno State Football in a bit of trouble this season.
- The Spanspek Festival has a nice lineup.