June 6, 2016
This month of the show, we welcome the Fresno heat and discuss many Fresno things:
- How about that Fulton Mall? You know we can't have an episode without a Fulton Street Mall talk. Right now everything is jacked up on Fulton and businesses are struggling, can they hold out until next year? Will the change in business on Fulton be dramatic, once it's completed.
- Fresno also became President hopeful central for a couple weeks there and we break down Bill's, Hilary's, Bernie's and Donald Trump's visits to town.
- The race to be Fresno's next Mayor is getting focused and we try to figure out if these guys will be good for Fresno.
- An old Fresno business changing over to sex shop and the city is trying to stop it.
- Full Circle continues with new owners.
- Darius Assemi and Granville seem to have issues with Ashley Swearengin and thinks Fresno should be Clovis.
Also, we have a nice music break from Amoret
February 29, 2016
This episode of Flowing With Famous has been approved by the Fresno City Council for mixed use - whatever that's worth.
- Yep, we have plenty of Fulton Mall talk (I guess this is the last time we can refer to it as the Fulton Mall).
- California's High Speed Rail is knows the way to San Jose and this could mean a big boom for Fresno.
- The Collegian calls Donald Trump "Hitler" and we say "If not them, who?!" Then Donald Munro responds.
- MUSIC BREAK: The Blue (aka Wild Blue Yonder).
- The Tower District has a lack of hipster problem, what can we do?
- Did you feel the earthquakes?
- We finish by "plugging" things up and we make an announcement about the show!
CLICK TO LISTEN: FlowingWithFamous71.mp3
January 18, 2016
Oh man. The Fulton Mall Street drama keeps giving us an excuse to talk about Downtown Fresno and the Fulton Mall - may be one of the last times we talk about the Fulton Mall and not Fulton Street.
We also break down the whole business with Yosemite being sorta forced to change the name of The Ahwahnee Hotel. We play Band of the Episode: The Wee Beasties
and talk about illegal gambling inside a local 97 cent store.
AND how Flowing With Famous is linked to a local porn store.
(also a player at the bottom of the post)
August 3, 2015
This week, we talk about the most badass Mayor that Fresno has ever known: Zeke Leymel. We also catch up with the Fresno PD and how they are reluctant to transgender, talk about how the Fresno Zoo is becoming a magnate for people working in the Zoo community across the country.
We also play some great new local music from Conversation and recommend some Fresno stuff like:
Fresno Growing Up: A City Comes of Age: 1945-1985
Click to listen: MayorZekeFamous.mp3
KEY FAMOUS LINKS:
May 31, 2015
The City Of Fresno rejected a bus banner ad last week and it sent us all to Twitter and Facebook to bitch...so you know we're going to talk about that on Flowing. We also cover a lot of retail closings and openings in Fresno (Asada burittos in Fashion Fair? Yes. That works). One of us also took a trip to Yosemite and will be taking YARTS next time, me thinks. All that and more Fresno talk plus Band Of The Episode: Whitey Morgan.
May 18, 2015
Listen for these:
A couple big Vons in Fresno are closing and Mikey cries. Manchester Center might be getting a makeover. New stuff at Fresno State. Are Fresno's parks being forgotten in Fresno's new budget? A William Saroyan hangout is closing. Fresno's Meet Me In Montauk is played. Is The Fresno Police Department really doing community outreach? Steve Brandau be acting crazy again.
Alllll that Fresno and more on a new Flowing With Famous:
DIRECT DOWNLOAD: ManchesterCenterRebootFWF.mp3
HOSTS: Joshua Tehee and Mikey Seay.
LINKS: On Twitter, Stitcher and iTunes.
March 23, 2015
It's been too long for our Fresno talk. Lets get it going now with:
- Fresno Famous is back in two different ways.
- Dave and Busters, yo!
- Foie Gras is in the Fresno area, should we protest?
- A movie called "Fresno" is out, is this a good thing?
- BANDS Of The Episode: Blaze and Sounds & Sciences.
- All of Fresno is gity over Classic Hip-Hop 105.5 and so are we.
- You can get a $15.00 cup of coffee on the Fulton Mall.
- Mikey has become a Troll?
- Plugging our Fresno-ness.
(Or listen with player at bottom of post)
March 1, 2015
Return with plenty of Fresno-ness is what we have done. Kids Day 2015 is here and so is the Rogue Festival, we talk about this. We also play some Fashawn and talk about the day Josh spent with him. Mikey yells at a Fresno Bee columnist he doesn't know the name of, Ron "Red Wave" Orozco is retiring, more Mexican restaurants in Fresno, the Tioga Sequoia Beer Garden is still killing it AND MORE!
LISTEN with player below or here: FWFRogue2015.mp3
HOSTS: Joshua Tehee and Mike Seay.
LINKS: On iTunes and Stitcher and Twitter.
November 16, 2014
Fresno. We talkin' 'bout it. Fresno stuff like this:
- Is the air so bad that Josh may tone down his biking?
- Radio gets more local as New Rock 104.1 and The Fox get bought up and is moving downtown.
- Is High Speed Rail destroying Fresno's Chinatown Tunnels?
- Band Of The Episode: Sharks Of Dance.
- The Fresno Bee's Peoples Choice Awards is back. What's your favorite
Taco Bell spot Mexican food place?
- We attempt to tackle Net Neutrality (because podcasting).
Thanks for the listen! Tell all the Fresnans about us, yeah?