November 6, 2017
We have been waiting a couple weeks but now is our time to talk about the Fulton Street party. Lucky for us we have Roque Rodrigez and Bryan Harley from Swede Fest, to help us. What is the future of Fulton and what the hell happened during the opening?!
There will also be a big discussion about the Tower District, where it's headed, what it's doing now. Getting local coffee is easier than ever. Plus, filmmaking in Fresno, Fresno Film Festival and will Fresno ever get a multiplex Downtown, all this and more Fresno.
Band Of The Episode: The Miss Alans.
Thanks for listening!
CLICK TO LISTEN: November2017Flowing.mp3
(Or just use the player at the bottom of the post)
Check out what Mike and Josh does.
April 4, 2016
It's the first Monday of the month so it's time for a new Flowing. This episode we revisit the Fulton Mall groundbreaking and our feelings for that day. We stay in Downtown Fresno and talk about the Culture Arts District and if South Stadium is a good name for that area of Downtown.
The Audie's Olympic era has closed and we reminisce about the historic Tower District music club which leads us into the Band Of The Episode: Let's Go Bowling.
The playing of Let's Go Bowling sparks yet another version of the game: What's The Greatest Music Act In Fresno History?
We then talk about last month's Fresyes Fest at Tioga and how we may be getting too old and if there a culture shift in Fresno nightlife. Plus Josh saw Justin Beiber... so that happened.
CLICK AND LISTEN: BieberStreetFlowing.mp3
Subscribe on iTunes.
Hosted: Joshua Tehee and The Fresnan.
February 29, 2016
- in local, culture, Fresno, Fresno Bee, Local music, Downtown, Fulton Mall, Politics, Retail, Tower District, Flowing With Famous
February 29, 2016
This episode of Flowing With Famous has been approved by the Fresno City Council for mixed use - whatever that's worth.
- Yep, we have plenty of Fulton Mall talk (I guess this is the last time we can refer to it as the Fulton Mall).
- California's High Speed Rail is knows the way to San Jose and this could mean a big boom for Fresno.
- The Collegian calls Donald Trump "Hitler" and we say "If not them, who?!" Then Donald Munro responds.
- MUSIC BREAK: The Blue (aka Wild Blue Yonder).
- The Tower District has a lack of hipster problem, what can we do?
- Did you feel the earthquakes?
- We finish by "plugging" things up and we make an announcement about the show!
CLICK TO LISTEN: FlowingWithFamous71.mp3
December 8, 2014
The highs and lows of Fresno. We go through them all on Flowing With Famous (mostly the highs). This episode is no different.
We talk about the Holidays in Fresno, Christmas Tree Lane and hooking up with old friends at Livingstones. A TV announcer from Hawaii called us the 'armpit of America', LuLu Lemon is coming to Fresno, FUSD teachers kickass over all other California teachers. Plus, we actually get kinda serious and talk about how Ferguson relates to Fresno.
Thanks for the listen! Tell all the Fresnans about us, yeah?
Play it below:
July 28, 2014
- in local, culture, humor, Fresno, Fresno Bee, Local music, Venues, Rogue, Media, Sprawl, Podcasting, Tower District
July 28, 2014
A special episode of Flowing as Blake Jones provides our Fresno content. Blake had a Rogue Festival show a ways back and did a talk show style interview session with Gary Edwards (one time owner of Spinner Records), Freddy Martinez (former owner of Club Fred aka Audie's Olympic) and our own Joshua Tehee.
It's a very cool and fun look back into Fresno's music scene with Josh providing some insight on what it's like today.
Use the player below to listen, hope you enjoy the hell out of it.