September 6, 2021
It feels like it's been a while but we are back with another round of Fresno culture talk and stuff. Some of the things we cover this month:
- The Tower District tirelessly struggles against Adventure Church.
- Hardy's gets gutted and it just sucks.
- The Fresno Hotel revival.
- Downtown Fresno is building up, piece by piece.
- Tokyo Garden is for sale.
- Fresno has a music Hall Of Fame now, who should be in it?
- There is an underground Fresno music scene that you may not know about.
- Band Of The Episode: Dave Stogner.
That and more! Please give it a listen!
Thanks for checking it out!
(Heads-up: a few cuss words)
Check some links for your hosts:
Thanks for being here!
Josh's other podcast Aikido Discussed.
Josh at the Fresno Bee.
Josh's local music newsletter: Bandgeeeek.substack.com.
Josh's bands: It'll Grow Back, Big Balls, and the Strikingly Originals.
Mikey's new newsletter: Fresno! Fresno! and: Drinking & Thinking.
Check Mike's blogs The Fresnan and Mikey Top Pour.
Plus the podcasts Get Off My Podcast, The Perfect Pour.
April 1, 2019
Welcome back to Fresno's longest running podcast. Some of the Fresno stuff we talk about this episode:
- It seems that Fresyes Fest no longer needs us "old" people to show it - they good.
- So the Chicken Pot Pie Shop is closed. What is going to happen to that building and is the Tower District in good shape?
- Finally, Fresno stops a Councilman from doing something stupid.
- Band Of The Episode: Patrick Contreras.
CLICK TO LISTEN: FlowingWithApril.mp3
Thanks for the listen!
Check out Josh on his other podcast Aikido Discussed, at the Fresno Bee and his bands: It'll Grow Back, Big Balls and the Strikingly Originals.
Check Mike's blogs The Fresnan and Mikey Top Pour. Plus the podcasts Get Off My Podcast, The Perfect Pour and Dorktown.
November 6, 2017
We have been waiting a couple weeks but now is our time to talk about the Fulton Street party. Lucky for us we have Roque Rodrigez and Bryan Harley from Swede Fest, to help us. What is the future of Fulton and what the hell happened during the opening?!
There will also be a big discussion about the Tower District, where it's headed, what it's doing now. Getting local coffee is easier than ever. Plus, filmmaking in Fresno, Fresno Film Festival and will Fresno ever get a multiplex Downtown, all this and more Fresno.
Band Of The Episode: The Miss Alans.
Thanks for listening!
CLICK TO LISTEN: November2017Flowing.mp3
(Or just use the player at the bottom of the post)
Check out what Mike and Josh does.
April 4, 2016
It's the first Monday of the month so it's time for a new Flowing. This episode we revisit the Fulton Mall groundbreaking and our feelings for that day. We stay in Downtown Fresno and talk about the Culture Arts District and if South Stadium is a good name for that area of Downtown.
The Audie's Olympic era has closed and we reminisce about the historic Tower District music club which leads us into the Band Of The Episode: Let's Go Bowling.
The playing of Let's Go Bowling sparks yet another version of the game: What's The Greatest Music Act In Fresno History?
We then talk about last month's Fresyes Fest at Tioga and how we may be getting too old and if there a culture shift in Fresno nightlife. Plus Josh saw Justin Beiber... so that happened.
CLICK AND LISTEN: BieberStreetFlowing.mp3
Subscribe on iTunes.
Hosted: Joshua Tehee and The Fresnan.
February 29, 2016
This episode of Flowing With Famous has been approved by the Fresno City Council for mixed use - whatever that's worth.
- Yep, we have plenty of Fulton Mall talk (I guess this is the last time we can refer to it as the Fulton Mall).
- California's High Speed Rail is knows the way to San Jose and this could mean a big boom for Fresno.
- The Collegian calls Donald Trump "Hitler" and we say "If not them, who?!" Then Donald Munro responds.
- MUSIC BREAK: The Blue (aka Wild Blue Yonder).
- The Tower District has a lack of hipster problem, what can we do?
- Did you feel the earthquakes?
- We finish by "plugging" things up and we make an announcement about the show!
CLICK TO LISTEN: FlowingWithFamous71.mp3