Oct 3rd, 2016 by flowingwithfamous
The Fresno talk for October includes Granville peeps wanting to leave Downtown Fresno (and that could be a good thing). Also, it's time for the Fresno Fair and fried things, Manchester Center is getting a food makeover, Garth Brooks dominates and surprises Fresno and also hung out with Josh. PLUS! Cockamamie Jamie
has some new stuff for us and more Fresno talk!
Sep 5th, 2016 by flowingwithfamous
Fresno's only podcast about Fresno is back with ... Fresno ... things. Your September episode is filled with things like:
- What is REALLY Fall in Fresno?
- Fulton Street is becoming a real thing.
- Is there tension between Tower People and Downtown Fresnans?
- Fresno has a party bike now! - seems we're finally catching up to ... Sacramento.
- Getting the right kind of acts for the Fresno Fair is tough.
- Rick Bentley gets some crazy calls from Fresno Bee readers.
And we play the new game sweeping the city: "What Would You Edit Out Of Fresno?"! Thanks for listening! Tell a Fresno hater or lover about us!
Aug 1st, 2016 by flowingwithfamous
August in Fresno is here and we have things to talk about.
- The "Summer Sweat" festival and using Fresno's heat as a badge of honor.
- The Fulton Mall Street is getting some sidewalk action but the businesses are not.
- City Council folk getting craze on Twitter.
- Band Of The Episode: From Indian Lakes.
- A documentary about the band Fugazi called "Floradora" is coming out and it was filmed in Fresno.
- Beer is coming to Fresno theaters, what could go wrong?
- New food spots are open in town and worth checking out.
- Who is going to clean up the Fresno freeways?
Jul 5th, 2016 by flowingwithfamous
This month, we can't stop talking about Fresno Summers as we get into Fresno being on another National list (but in a good way this time), a couple of our favorite Fresno City Council members (favorite to talk about, at least) get into some social media trouble, a speech about Bullard and its woes makes the paper, Fresno is getting some interesting craft beer spots, and more Fresnoness!
Jun 6th, 2016 by flowingwithfamous
This month of the show, we welcome the Fresno heat and discuss many Fresno things:
- How about that Fulton Mall? You know we can't have an episode without a Fulton Street Mall talk. Right now everything is jacked up on Fulton and businesses are struggling, can they hold out until next year? Will the change in business on Fulton be dramatic, once it's completed.
- Fresno also became President hopeful central for a couple weeks there and we break down Bill's, Hilary's, Bernie's and Donald Trump's visits to town.
- The race to be Fresno's next Mayor is getting focused and we try to figure out if these guys will be good for Fresno.
- An old Fresno business changing over to sex shop and the city is trying to stop it.
- Full Circle continues with new owners.
- Darius Assemi and Granville seem to have issues with Ashley Swearengin and thinks Fresno should be Clovis.
Also, we have a nice music break from Amoret
May 2nd, 2016 by flowingwithfamous
This month's show has more Fresno than a taco & tri-tip pizza. Stuff like:
- The obligatory Fulton Mall Street discussion.
- What the hell is going on with Dutch Brothers in Fresno right now?
- Accept that High Speed Rail is coming, Fresno.
- A famous bootleg of Prince playing Selland Area is out there.
- BAND OF THE EPISODE: Zee Will with "Hunger Games".
- What could be in the future for Grizzly Fest?
- Popolo's Pizza update.
- Plugging of the Blogs.
Click and listen!: FlowingWithFamousR63.mp3
55:14 | 25.2 MB | Light Language
Subscribe on iTunes.
Hosted: Joshua Tehee and The Fresnan.
Apr 4th, 2016 by flowingwithfamous
It's the first Monday of the month so it's time for a new Flowing. This episode we revisit the Fulton Mall groundbreaking and our feelings for that day. We stay in Downtown Fresno and talk about the Culture Arts District and if South Stadium is a good name for that area of Downtown.
The Audie's Olympic era has closed and we reminisce about the historic Tower District music club which leads us into the Band Of The Episode: Let's Go Bowling.
The playing of Let's Go Bowling sparks yet another version of the game: What's The Greatest Music Act In Fresno History?
We then talk about last month's Fresyes Fest at Tioga and how we may be getting too old and if there a culture shift in Fresno nightlife. Plus Josh saw Justin Beiber... so that happened.
CLICK AND LISTEN: BieberStreetFlowing.mp3
Subscribe on iTunes.
Hosted: Joshua Tehee and The Fresnan.
Feb 29th, 2016 by flowingwithfamous
This episode of Flowing With Famous has been approved by the Fresno City Council for mixed use - whatever that's worth.
- Yep, we have plenty of Fulton Mall talk (I guess this is the last time we can refer to it as the Fulton Mall).
- California's High Speed Rail is knows the way to San Jose and this could mean a big boom for Fresno.
- The Collegian calls Donald Trump "Hitler" and we say "If not them, who?!" Then Donald Munro responds.
- MUSIC BREAK: The Blue (aka Wild Blue Yonder).
- The Tower District has a lack of hipster problem, what can we do?
- Did you feel the earthquakes?
- We finish by "plugging" things up and we make an announcement about the show!
CLICK TO LISTEN: FlowingWithFamous71.mp3
Jan 18th, 2016 by flowingwithfamous
Oh man. The Fulton Mall Street drama keeps giving us an excuse to talk about Downtown Fresno and the Fulton Mall - may be one of the last times we talk about the Fulton Mall and not Fulton Street.
We also break down the whole business with Yosemite being sorta forced to change the name of The Ahwahnee Hotel. We play Band of the Episode: The Wee Beasties
and talk about illegal gambling inside a local 97 cent store.
AND how Flowing With Famous is linked to a local porn store.
(also a player at the bottom of the post)
Dec 29th, 2015 by flowingwithfamous
We say goodbye to 2015 as we choose some of our favorite stories from life in Fresno this past year.
Best restaurant, news story, creative person...beer, ALL the things we think were interesting.
Also, we take a look at what we expect to see in Fresno for 2016!