April 1, 2019
Welcome back to Fresno's longest running podcast. Some of the Fresno stuff we talk about this episode:
- It seems that Fresyes Fest no longer needs us "old" people to show it - they good.
- So the Chicken Pot Pie Shop is closed. What is going to happen to that building and is the Tower District in good shape?
- Finally, Fresno stops a Councilman from doing something stupid.
- Band Of The Episode: Patrick Contreras.
CLICK TO LISTEN: FlowingWithApril.mp3
Thanks for the listen!
Check out Josh on his other podcast Aikido Discussed, at the Fresno Bee and his bands: It'll Grow Back, Big Balls and the Strikingly Originals.
Check Mike's blogs The Fresnan and Mikey Top Pour. Plus the podcasts Get Off My Podcast, The Perfect Pour and Dorktown.
November 5, 2018
It's our annual meetup with Roque & Bryan from Swede Fest and they help us talk all things Fresno.
- The Fresno Museum at the Fair; it's cool and let's discuss it.
- Go make a Sweded film and then go see it at Swedefest.
- Totally pushing for a "Yes on P"!
- Band Of The Episode: The Sunnydales.
- Is there really a problem with Downtown Parking?
- Retail: Openings and closings.
- Fresno DMV temp closing.
- Old blogger talk.
Much more Fresno, give it a listen!
Thanks for your support of Flowing and Fresno!
Check out Mike's blog at thefresnan.com.
Check out Josh at the Bee.
September 3, 2018
It's never too early to get ready for the big BIG big Fresno Fair, right? We do some music prep.
We also talk about how the Fresno region now has its own pro surf competition, how the hell did that happen!?
Some other Fresno-ing topics include the return of Sudz In The City, has Art Hop become too "event heavy", should Fresno PD be doing singing videos and much more Fresno junk!
Band Of The Episode: Boozer.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD & LISTEN: FlowingSep18.mp3
25.8 MB | 56:29 | Some bad language
August 6, 2018
We did it, Fresno! We lived through the 100-degree heat streak! Something to tell your Fresno Grandkids about... if we survive.
Also, Fresno parks, Tesla Motors in Fresno, a complete review of Taco Truck Throwdown, Devin Nunes, the music lineup for this year Fresno Fair and a whole lot more!
Band Of The Episode: Victor Sotelo (from Sparklejet) - an exclusive new song from Victor!
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: FlowingWithAugust2018.mp3
33.3MB | 1:12:51 | Some Bad Language
July 2, 2018
Some of the Fresno things we have to talk about this month:
- Chicken Shack + the crazy artwork on the Chicken Shack building on Renoir corner on Fulton.
- Devin Nunes Fresno Bee attack ad.
- Parks and Safety tax? City council says, nah.
- Should fireworks be legal in Fresno?
Band of the episode: Blake Jones. Has new album out.
June 4, 2018
This month we have the review for Grizzly Fest you forgot you needed!
Yeah there's that, plus more Fresno-ing, including a very important question that EVERY Fresnan will have an opinion on.
Band Of The Episode: Squid Ink.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: FlowingWithFamousJune2018.mp3
[You can also use the player below or subscribe in iTunes Podcasts]
May 7, 2018
The big thing last month was the whole Randa Jarrar thing so we feel compelled to talk about that and we do.
But don't worry, we can't help but talk about Downtown Fresno and parking, after that.
We also discuss how Neil Young almost took up "residency" in Fresno and how Downtown was not prepared for it, as he gave fans an exclusive not found anywhere else in the country. Mikey gets himself in some trouble on Twitter, there are some new restaurants and bars to check out and a lot more Fresno talk! Please have a listen!
CLICK tO LISTEN: MayFamous2018.mp3
BAND OF THE EPISODE: Hagen Alter.
March 5, 2018
Hey there, Fresno culture lover! Here are some things to listen for in this month's show.
We breakdown the article about how "backwater" Fresno might be becoming the next Austin.
Also, we try to decide if a brewery at Herndon & 99 is a good thing, figure out if we should be seeing more action on Fulton Street, wonder if we have enough money to buy a Downtown theater, discuss what beer Tioga Sequoia should be released for Fresyes Fest, and much more Fresno talk!
1:08:07 | 31.1MB | Some Language
BAND OF THE EPISODE: Sharks Of Dance.
December 4, 2017
It's December in Fresno and we here at Flowing have questions.
- Do you shop at Fashion Fair for Christmas?
- Do you even go North of Clinton?
- Parades? Do You go to Fresno Christmas parades?
- Do you go down Christmas Tree Lane?
- Have you been to HOP PK yet?
- Did you see the Foo Fighters at Save Mart?
- Should Fresno have a Music Hall Of Fame?
- Is Fresno making the right move with Amazon?
These questions and many more Fresno things will be answered in this episode.
Band Of The Episode: Meet Me In Montauk.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: FlowingWithFresnoDecember.mp3
Heads up!: Occasional cuss word.
Thank you for listening!
Check out Josh at FresnoBeehive.com and @joshuatehee.
Check out Mike at TheFresnan.com and @thefresnan.