January 4, 2021
Happy New Year, Fresno!
We have already started off badly. But we will push on and talk about it.
And we'll talk about side-shows, our new mayor and police chief, Measure P's comeback, Southwest Airlines coming to Fresno, the impact of Fresno losing the Tower Theatre to a church, and much more!
Band Of The Episode: Brian Kenney Fresno.
Thank you for listening!
(Heads up: A few cuss words!)
Check some links for your hosts:
Thanks for being here!
Josh's other podcast Aikido Discussed.
Josh at the Fresno Bee.
Josh's local music newsletter: Bandgeeeek.substack.com.
Josh's bands: It'll Grow Back, Big Balls, and the Strikingly Originals.
Mikey's new newsletter: Fresno! Fresno! and: Drinking & Thinking.
Check Mike's blogs The Fresnan and Mikey Top Pour.
Plus the podcasts Get Off My Podcast, The Perfect Pour.
November 5, 2018
It's our annual meetup with Roque & Bryan from Swede Fest and they help us talk all things Fresno.
- The Fresno Museum at the Fair; it's cool and let's discuss it.
- Go make a Sweded film and then go see it at Swedefest.
- Totally pushing for a "Yes on P"!
- Band Of The Episode: The Sunnydales.
- Is there really a problem with Downtown Parking?
- Retail: Openings and closings.
- Fresno DMV temp closing.
- Old blogger talk.
Much more Fresno, give it a listen!
Thanks for your support of Flowing and Fresno!
Check out Mike's blog at thefresnan.com.
Check out Josh at the Bee.
October 1, 2018
Welcome to the best Fresno month of the year, October.
It's the season for the big. big. Big. BIg. BIG Fresno Fair and we discuss. Josh answers back at an (if anything) odd mailer the Devin Nunes campaign sent out that slams the Fresno Bee. Fulton Street has more eating options, is that not a good thing? And much more Fresno nerd talk!
Band Of The Episode: Call Me James.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: FlowingWithFamousOct2018.mp3
30.4 MB | 1:06:32 |
Podcasting Workshop at CMAC
Wednesday (October 3rd)
Check out Josh at the Fresno Bee.
Mikey at thefresnan.com.
September 3, 2018
It's never too early to get ready for the big BIG big Fresno Fair, right? We do some music prep.
We also talk about how the Fresno region now has its own pro surf competition, how the hell did that happen!?
Some other Fresno-ing topics include the return of Sudz In The City, has Art Hop become too "event heavy", should Fresno PD be doing singing videos and much more Fresno junk!
Band Of The Episode: Boozer.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD & LISTEN: FlowingSep18.mp3
25.8 MB | 56:29 | Some bad language
September 5, 2016
Fresno's only podcast about Fresno is back with ... Fresno ... things. Your September episode is filled with things like:
- What is REALLY Fall in Fresno?
- Fulton Street is becoming a real thing.
- Is there tension between Tower People and Downtown Fresnans?
- Fresno has a party bike now! - seems we're finally catching up to ... Sacramento.
- Getting the right kind of acts for the Fresno Fair is tough.
- Rick Bentley gets some crazy calls from Fresno Bee readers.
And we play the new game sweeping the city: "What Would You Edit Out Of Fresno?"! Thanks for listening! Tell a Fresno hater or lover about us!
September 29, 2015
On this, our special International Podcast Day episode, we get Fresno with stuff like:
- What if there was a Fresno Hater podcast?
- Why was there no FUSE Fest this year, guys?
- Is the Fresno Fair the best fair in California?
- BAND OF THE EPISODE: Grizzly City Boys.
- Granite Park is on a comeback.
- A review of the new spot Rocket Dog.
- The Fulton Mall is still there, Fresno.
- Fresno State Football in a bit of trouble this season.
- The Spanspek Festival has a nice lineup.
August 3, 2015
This week, we talk about the most badass Mayor that Fresno has ever known: Zeke Leymel. We also catch up with the Fresno PD and how they are reluctant to transgender, talk about how the Fresno Zoo is becoming a magnate for people working in the Zoo community across the country.
We also play some great new local music from Conversation and recommend some Fresno stuff like:
Fresno Growing Up: A City Comes of Age: 1945-1985
Click to listen: MayorZekeFamous.mp3
KEY FAMOUS LINKS:
October 6, 2014
We play catch-up on some Fresno news as we break down the Fresno Grizzlies losing the SF Giants and gaining Astros. Also!: Fresno continues to make crappy lists, Mayor Swear Bear says yes to same-sex marriage, we hit up some new Fresno restaurants and Mikey rants about Fresno traffic "reports". We also have a music break with Slow Season and talk about Spanspek Festival (October 17th - you should totally go to this!).